You may or may not be aware that you as a producer of waste have an obligation to adhere to the Duty of Care (Section 34) of the Environment Protection Act (1990). This means you a legal obligation to ensure that all waste produced by you (the company) is collected and disposed of by an authorised company / person.
As a fully authorised company, Craddock Metal Recycling is here to help you meet these obligations in the correct manner and take the headache out of your waste metal disposal. By offering a professional collection and processing service we can make the whole process painless and ensure you (the company) are legally meeting your obligations.
You may have some preconceived ideas about how environmentally conscious a scrap metal dealer is, but here at Craddock, we take all the necessary steps to make sure our carbon footprint is as small as possible. Having been associated with the British Metals Recycling Agency for a number of years, our commitment to the environment has been recognised at an industry standard.
At Craddocks we:
- Provide an audit trail for every transaction from the collection point to the end disposal.
- Comply with all legislations by administering a waste transfer note.
- Adhere to Duty of Care - Section 34 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
- S1 (storage of waste in secure containers) EPR/KE5885KE
- S2 (storage of waste in a secure place) EPR/QE508OCF/A001
- T9 (recovery of scrap metal) EPR/QE508OCF/A001
- HAZARDOUS WASTE LICENCE NYK990
- WASTE CARRIER LICENCE CP/WP3410RU
- WASTE MANAGEMENT LICENCE EAWML/48213
- We run under the Standard industrial code (SIC) code 51.57
All of our services are carried out to the best possible standard with the health of the environment at the forefront of our minds. This philosophy can be seen across all of our services, including car scrapping, factory clearance and our collection services. No matter what we do, we aim to do it to the highest standard to ensure a quality, unrivalled service.
If your vehicle is on its last legs, why not bring it down to our depot in Redditch and have it seen by a member of the Craddock Metal Recycling team? Give us a call on 0152766866 or leave us a message on our online contact form and we will be in touch as soon as possible to help you with your enquiry.